Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Over the past week I've been trying to get my projects in order. For March I'm working on a submission for the Woodburn Art Center themed 'Tulips and other Bulbs' right now I'm still working on sketches for it. Also, my sister is finally having me make some art for her home! Yay! Sketching that one out too. In the meantime I have to keep my hands busy and so I'm making Minis! These are 5x5" pieces on wood that allow me to experiment with background colors and pairing them with a complementary varnish color. To start off I made some Mini Dog Walkers in black and white.

 Above is a shot of my workbench- complete with ear protection and coffee!

To the left are the Mini Dog Walkers before painting and varnishing. I think that I'll do a few of these mini pieces with plain wood grain and colored varnish too, just to change things up a bit. I'm sanding down some Accidental Paintings later today that are also mini sized. Super excited about those since only folks that have been to my studio have seen them thus far! Treats!
Below are the first minis! Hope you enjoy!







 As always, checkout my Facebook page for more regular updates. 

For infomation about purchasing works or to inquire about an appointment,
 please contact me at:
nwbysefineart@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment