Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Howdy! Its time for another 'Whats up Wednesday!' Yay! Sorry I've missed some posts but I've been super busy with life etc. So I'll just give you the eye candy!

Concept drawing and primed panel for another piece in my flora/fauna series- this time with elements from my abstract/gestural work. :)


 This is the first layer of yellow washes that will give the work depth.


Studio shot! There sure is a lot going on right now!


 This shot shows some magnets I'm working on for the holidays (the small squares) I'm using them for testing different ideas and color combos on a smaller scale. Sometimes the tests are really cool! I'll share them as they progress.

 Finally! I finished all the color testing for the big panel piece I'm working on. I also got the wood for it and began the carving process! Yay! I'll have more to show of that next week (I hope!)


Here I am painting in some final spots on the rays in the lower portion of the panel before varnishing.

The lower part of the panel. I really like the colors combo on the far left at the very bottom. Which one do you like the most?

While varnish testing I also had enough of one of the colors left over to finish up the vertical pink/green one. It looks even better in person. I wasn't sure about it at first but it quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look at my work. For daily updates visit me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NWbySE. Also checkout my online gallery through the Northwest by Southeast Fine Art website at www.nwbysefineart.com
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment